What to Expect After Treatment
Immediately after treatment there may be some redness, tenderness or numbness, itching or bruising. This is a normal result of the injection and generally disappears after a few days. Following lip treatment, swelling may last longer – up to about a week. During this time the lips may look uneven, therefore the result directly after treatment should not be viewed as the final result.
Following the below advice will help to achieve the best results possible:
- Applying an ice pack to the treated area can help reduce the initial swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area for 6 hours. This will allow the small needle holes to close, preventing infection.
- Do not expose the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold until the initial swelling and redness has settled. Avoid saunas, steam rooms and sunbeds/UV exposure for 2 weeks.
- Avoid applying make up for at least 12 hours. This not only avoids the risk of infection but also helps the tiny needle holes to close.
- If you are taking aspirin or similar medications, be aware that this may increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Avoid hot drinks for up to 6 hours.
- If you have previously suffered with herpes simplex (cold sores), there is a risk that the injections could contribute to another eruption of the virus.
* Although results are seen immediately after treatment, the final effects will not be visible until any swelling and bruising has subsided. This will be seen 14 days following treatment.
How long will it last?
How long the effect of the treatment lasts is dependent on the individual. There are many factors to consider, such as the structure of the skin, your lifestyle and age. The procedure can be repeated as often as you like, although most clients choose to be treated again after 6 months of the original treatment to maintain a fresh and youthful appearance. Some clients will require a treatment plan to build up to the desired result.
If you have any problems following treatment, please feel free to contact us:
Call on 07527 158857
or fill in our Contact Form